I. Who Needs Foot Levelers’ Orthotics?
Even if your feet don’t hurt, they may be a major factor contributing to your health problems. A foot problem may be the cause of discomfort or pain in your leg, knee, hip, back, shoulder, or even your neck!
Take This Test
1. Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours daily?
2. Do you participate regularly in any physical sport (basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, etc.)?
3. Are you age 40 or over?
4. Have you had a prior injury to your knee, back, or neck?
5. Do your shoes wear unevenly?
6. Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
7. Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
8. Do you have knock knees or bow legs?
9. Do you have obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
10. Do your feet "toe out" when you’re walking?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, Foot Levelers’ custom-made, flexible orthotics may be part of the solution to your health problems.
II. Why Chiropractors Recommend Orthotics
Foot Levelers’ custom-made, flexible foot orthotics are scientifically designed for the individual’s unique postural problems. Chiropractors know that orthotics help stabilize the feet, which helps level the pelvis, improve balance, and restore postural stability.
Chiropractors also know that several styles of Foot Levelers’ custom orthotics -- and all styles of Foot Levelers’ Shoethotics® and Sandalthotics® -- help absorb damaging heel-strike shock, provide variable firmness, flexibility and control at midstance, and provide a propulsive "boost" as the body moves forward.
THE NEW GAIT CYCLE SYSTEM™
III. Research Proves
- Flexible, custom-made orthotics from Foot Levelers provide ideal postural support — better, in fact, than any other type of shoe insert. Take a look at these facts:
- Pedal structural alignment was significantly improved with the use of Foot Levelers’ orthotics.
- Balance and proprioceptive ability improved -- and the effects of fatigue were reduced -- after intervention with Foot Levelers’ orthotics.
- Foot Levelers’ orthotics were shown to help patients with neuromusculoskeletal complaints involving the lower extremities, pelvis, and spine.
- Flexible, custom-made Foot Levelers orthotics reduced the effects of fatigue in experienced golfers.
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic conducted a survey in which 82% of patients wearing Foot Levelers orthotics felt they helped their condition overall, and 8 out of 10 would refer others to their doctors to get them.
- The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) has endorsed the full line of Foot Levelers orthotics.
- Kuhn DR, Shibley NJ, Austin WM, Yochum TR. Radiographic evaluation of weight bearing orthotics and their effect on flexible pes planus. J Manip Physiol Ther 1999; 22(4):221-226.
- Stude DE, Brink DK. Effects of nine holes of simulated golf and orthotic intervention on balance and proprioception in experienced golfers. J Manip Physiol Ther 1997; 20(9):590-601.
- Austin WM. Shin splints with underlying posterior tibial tendinitis: a case report. J Sports Chiro Rehab 1996; 10(4):163-168.
- Stude DE, Gullickson J. effects of orthotic intervention and nine holes of simulated golf on club head velocity in experienced golfers. J Manip Physiol Ther 2000; 23(3):168-174.
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic. Summary of Market Research Findings: Surveys of Chiropractors and Patients. Bloomington, MN: NWCC, 1997.
- ACA endorses Foot Levelers’ orthotics. Dynamic Chiro 1996; 14(10):34.
- Yochum TR. "The short leg," (revised). Practical Research Studies 1994; 4(5):4.
- Hyland JK. "Recurring subluxations linked to pronation." Practical Research Studies 2003; 13(4):1.
- Akey, Chris. "Benefits of Orthotics." The Chirpractic Journal;. July 2004.