I. Who Needs Foot Levelers’ Orthotics?
Even if your feet don’t hurt, they may be a major factor contributing to your health problems. A foot problem may be the cause of discomfort or pain in your leg, knee, hip, back, shoulder, or even your neck!
Take This Test
1. Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours daily?
2. Do you participate regularly in any physical sport (basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, etc.)?
3. Are you age 40 or over?
4. Have you had a prior injury to your knee, back, or neck?
5. Do your shoes wear unevenly?
6. Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
7. Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
8. Do you have knock knees or bow legs?
9. Do you have obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
10. Do your feet "toe out" when you’re walking?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, Foot Levelers’ custom-made, flexible orthotics may be part of the solution to your health problems.
II. Why Chiropractors Recommend Orthotics
Foot Levelers’ custom-made, flexible foot orthotics are scientifically designed for the individual’s unique postural problems. Chiropractors know that orthotics help stabilize the feet, which helps level the pelvis, improve balance, and restore postural stability.
Chiropractors also know that several styles of Foot Levelers’ custom orthotics -- and all styles of Foot Levelers’ Shoethotics® and Sandalthotics® -- help absorb damaging heel-strike shock, provide variable firmness, flexibility and control at midstance, and provide a propulsive "boost" as the body moves forward.
THE NEW GAIT CYCLE SYSTEM™
III. Research Proves
- Flexible, custom-made orthotics from Foot Levelers provide ideal postural support — better, in fact, than any other type of shoe insert. Take a look at these facts:
- Pedal structural alignment was significantly improved with the use of Foot Levelers’ orthotics.
- Balance and proprioceptive ability improved -- and the effects of fatigue were reduced -- after intervention with Foot Levelers’ orthotics.
- Foot Levelers’ orthotics were shown to help patients with neuromusculoskeletal complaints involving the lower extremities, pelvis, and spine.
- Flexible, custom-made Foot Levelers orthotics reduced the effects of fatigue in experienced golfers.
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic conducted a survey in which 82% of patients wearing Foot Levelers orthotics felt they helped their condition overall, and 8 out of 10 would refer others to their doctors to get them.
- The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) has endorsed the full line of Foot Levelers orthotics.
- Kuhn DR, Shibley NJ, Austin WM, Yochum TR. Radiographic evaluation of weight bearing orthotics and their effect on flexible pes planus. J Manip Physiol Ther 1999; 22(4):221-226.
- Stude DE, Brink DK. Effects of nine holes of simulated golf and orthotic intervention on balance and proprioception in experienced golfers. J Manip Physiol Ther 1997; 20(9):590-601.
- Austin WM. Shin splints with underlying posterior tibial tendinitis: a case report. J Sports Chiro Rehab 1996; 10(4):163-168.
- Stude DE, Gullickson J. effects of orthotic intervention and nine holes of simulated golf on club head velocity in experienced golfers. J Manip Physiol Ther 2000; 23(3):168-174.
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic. Summary of Market Research Findings: Surveys of Chiropractors and Patients. Bloomington, MN: NWCC, 1997.
- ACA endorses Foot Levelers’ orthotics. Dynamic Chiro 1996; 14(10):34.
- Yochum TR. "The short leg," (revised). Practical Research Studies 1994; 4(5):4.
- Hyland JK. "Recurring subluxations linked to pronation." Practical Research Studies 2003; 13(4):1.
- Akey, Chris. "Benefits of Orthotics." The Chirpractic Journal;. July 2004.
IV. Foot Levelers’ Products
Foot Levelers’ offers a wide variety of orthotics, Shoethotics, and Sandalthotics and other products to meet different needs:
NEW UltraStep™ Cat. # 1420
- Full-length orthotics that work with the foot and support the skeletal system with each step.
- Comprehensive three-phase Gait Cycle System™ provides shock absorption, midstance support and control, and propulsive "boost."
NEW UltraEnergy Cat. # 1421
- All the features of UltraStep, and includes the PowerCore™ Advanced Magnet System.
™Products with magnets not recommended for patients who are pregnant or wearing a pacemaker or electrical implant of any kind.
Full Length FirmFlex Plus® Cat. # 137
- Ideal for active lifestyles or jobs that require prolonged standing.
ParFlex Plus® Cat. # 1401
- Designed to give pro and amateur golfers a "performance edge."
- Shock-absorbing heel pads to reduce fatigue -- even after walking 18 holes.
- Firm, flexible design to support weight shifts as you swing.
- Built-in support to improve forefoot stability during follow through.
- TechCel Lite™ uppers to improve air flow and repel moisture.
- Two comfortable magnetic strips.
Products with magnets not recommended for patients who are pregnant or wearing a pacemaker or electrical implant of any kind.
All Shoethotics include the Gait Cycle System
NEW Montana Brown Cat. # 1801
- Custom-made orthotic-and-dress-shoe for men and women.
- Also available: Montana P.C.™ Brown with PowerCore Advanced Magnet System. Cat. # 1802
- Available October 2000: Black Cat. # 1803
- Available October 2000: Montana P.C. Black Cat. #1804
NEW Venetian Black Cat. # 1701
- The custom-made orthotic-and-dress-shoe for women.
- Also available: Venetian P.C.™ Black with PowerCore Advanced Magnet System. Cat. # 1702
- Available October 2000: Venetian Brown Cat. # 1703
- Available October 2000: Venetian P.C.™ Brown Cat. # 1704
- Available October 2000: Venetian Navy Cat. # 1705
- Available October 2000: Venetian P.C.™ Navy Cat. # 1706
- Custom-made orthotic-and-shoe combination in one convenient and revolutionary design.
- New streamlined design.
- Now 40% lighter.
White Cat. # 1605
Black Cat. # 1607
Also available: Olympian P.C.™ with PowerCore Advance Magnet System.
White Cat. # 1606
Black Cat. # 1608
Foot Levelers has designed five different styles of Sandalthotics in a variety of colors. Each Sandalthotic includes the Gait Cycle System, and the PowerCore Advanced Magnet System is also an available option.
Cervical Support Pillows
Foot Levelers’ pillows are the world’s most popular cervical support pillows. They protect neck alignment and help restore the proper curve in the cervical spine, giving you the best night's sleep possible.
Pillo-Pedic® Cat. # 217
NECKSYS® Home Care Neck System Cat. # 358
Strengthen your neck and shoulders and improve your posture. Mounts easily over any door; requires no tools, screws, or other hardware. Adjustable height and resistance levels.
BACKSYS® Home Care Back System Cat. # 367
Speed your way to a healthier back. Attaches to any door without screws or tools. Easy-grip handles and improved heavy-duty surgical tubing.
Thera-Ciser™Standard Cat. # 350, Light Cat. # 365, Extra Cat. # 366
Recover more rapidly. Variable resistance rubber tubing enhances joint stability, reduces risk of reinjury, and strengthens muscles. Attaches to any door without screws or other hardware.
Ask us how Foot Levelers’ products can help you!